Here’s a quick guide to re-consenting your mailing list in Mailchimp.
- Update your list to use the new GDPR options now available on Mailchimp (edit your list and tick the GDPR box).
- Edit your list sign up form to include the GDPR fields that are relevant to your business (e.g. Email, Phone, Post).
- Edit the “Update Your Profile Form” (under the lists options) to show only the fields that you want to present to the subscriber. These fields will populate automatically based on the information your subscriber has previously submitted (email, firstname, surname, etc).
- Create a new campaign with an intro and an “Update Profile” button – which leads them to update their subscription profile (there is a Mailchimp template available for this).
- Send the new campaign – then schedule it every other day using the grouping option to select only those who have not opened your original emails.
- Delete everyone that has not updated their profile on the 25th May.
Updates to your website
Any mailing list sign up forms should also be updated so they are opted-in/ticked by default.
We’re happy to help with any GDPR updates or advice you may need, please get in touch on 0800 599 9510 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.